2016年11月3日 星期四

20161020 英文家教內容

【職場的進擊】殺手級!超完美履歷撰寫技巧大公開 (How to write a killer resume )
https://tw.voicetube.com/videos/15969



【職場的進擊】殺手級!超完美履歷撰寫技巧大公開 (How to write a killer resume )

A resume is your brag sheet, a document that summarizes your job experience and education.
履歷是你自誇的文件,一個總結你的工作經驗和學歷的文件。
The ultimate goal: to get you the interview. Your resume should sizzle not snore.
最終的目的:讓你得到面試。你的履歷應該讓人為之一振,不是昏昏欲睡。
Tip one: remember, looks matter.
訣竅一:記得,外觀很重要。
Your resume must make a great first impression.
你的履歷必須給出好的第一印象。
Use quality paper and make it easy to read. 11 or 12 point font keeps it reader-friendly.
使用有品質的紙,使它容易閱讀。11或12號的字體對讀者更友善。
Tip two: a resume is not your autobiography.
訣竅二:一份履歷不是你的自傳。
Save your life story for the 500-page novel and keep your resume brief.
省下你 500 頁小說的生命故事,讓你的履歷更精簡。
Only highlight your key credentials. Employers are big fans of the one-page resume but it is acceptable to have two pages.
只需要強調你重要的學經歷。雇主非常喜歡一頁的履歷,但兩頁的履歷也是可接受的。
Tip three: make it easy to get in touch.
訣竅三:使別人更容易聯絡你。
At the top, put your name in bold and in a bigger font. List your mailing address, email address, cell phone and Skype.
在最上方,用粗體和較大的字體寫下你的名字。列出你的郵寄地址、電郵地址、手機和 Skype。
Tip four: keep it logical.
訣竅四:保持邏輯。
Organize your resume into three basic categories: work experience, education, and skills and interests.
將你的履歷內容整理成三個種類:工作經驗、學歷,技能與興趣。
Under work experience, list your jobs chronologically or group them by job function.
在工作經驗中,按時間順序列出工作,或是依工作職務去分組。
Make sure you list your work experience in a way that makes you most attractive to a potential employer.
確認你列出工作經驗的方式,能最吸引你潛在的雇主。
Tip five: titles are key.
訣竅五:標題是關鍵。
People do judge a book by its cover. You have around five seconds to make an impression.
人們會從封面判斷一本書。你有大約五秒鐘的時間使人留下印象。
Make sure your titles are descriptive enough to give the employer a good idea about what you've done.
確認你的標題描述夠明確,讓雇主對你所做過的事有一個好的認識。
Tip six: be direct and correct.
訣竅六:要直接和正確。
Use bullet points, not lengthy paragraphs to detail your experience.
用列點的方式,不要用長的段落去細寫你的經驗。
Most people will only scan your resume, so your English grammar and punctuation must be absolutely flawless.
大多數人只會快速瀏覽你的履歷,所以你的英文文法和標點符號必須完全無誤。
Have someone proofread your resume before it goes out.
在送出它之前,請某人校對過你的履歷。
Tip seven: make it action-packed.
訣竅七:使它生動。
Powerful words convey a strong, talented person.
有力的字顯示出你是一個強大、有才能的人。
Use action verbs like initiated, directed, created, led, and generated in your work descriptions.
在你的工作介紹中,使用像是發起、管理、建立、帶領、創造等行為動詞。
Don't use the same action verb twice.
不要用相同的行為動詞兩次。
Tip eight: be honest with yourself.
訣竅八:誠實面對自己。
Take a close look at your resume and ask "Would I hire me?"
仔細地看你的履歷,並且問:「我會雇用我自己嗎」?
If the answer is no or maybe, start over. If the answer is yes, then you're good to go.
如果答案是不會或是有可能,那就重頭來過。如果答案是會,那就大功告成啦。






沒有留言:

張貼留言